Your riding itinerary is based on the number of days you choose to ride:
1) Your trails can take you past the ruins of cottages abandoned since the famine, in the 1840’s, which decimated the Irish population and end at a point to enjoy the spectacular scenery of the vast expanse of Lough Corrib, the largest lake in southern Ireland.
2) Your horse can carry you through the mountains, traversing the bogs and rocks and wading through streams and allowing you to canter along the abandoned Galway to Clifden railway line.
3) Spend the day enjoying the wonderful Mannin Beach. Long gallops along the irregular coastline, optional jumping over small stone walls and swimming with horses will fill your day.
4) Ride to Dartfield Horse Museum where you can choose to test your skill on the cross country course. The event course has fences to suit all levels, from beginner to the advanced riders so everyone will have fun and the chance to improve their riding and jumping skills.
5) Tide permitting, you can ride out to Finish Island. This beautiful island has many old ruined houses and the remains of the stone walls and roads that were once used. Advanced groups of riders may have the opportunity to jump some of the walls, but this is not always possible. After a long canter along the beach, your horse will wade through the sea and travel into the mountains where you will enjoy spectacular views of this stunning coastline.